Re: Using Postgres as an alias - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Using Postgres as an alias
Date
Re: Using Postgres as an alias  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-advocacy
"Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us> writes:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>> This whole thread stinks of... I couldn't get my way and change the name
>> outright so instead I will subvert my will through alternative means...
>
> Well, actually, I see it the opposite where you brow-beat folks until
> you think they will quit.  (I am not a quitter, which I think you know.)
> And I certainly do think the name change will finally be made, so I
> don't feel like I have to subvert anything.

It does seem to be a bit unseemly to be committing changes which you proposed
and couldn't reach any consensus on. I think you need to actually convince
people that making these changes is a good idea before you start making them
on your own.

--
  Gregory Stark