Re: Using Postgres as an alias - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Using Postgres as an alias
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Gregory Stark wrote:

> "Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
>
> > Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >
> >> This whole thread stinks of... I couldn't get my way and change the name
> >> outright so instead I will subvert my will through alternative means...
> >
> > Well, actually, I see it the opposite where you brow-beat folks until
> > you think they will quit.  (I am not a quitter, which I think you know.)
> > And I certainly do think the name change will finally be made, so I
> > don't feel like I have to subvert anything.
>
> It does seem to be a bit unseemly to be committing changes which you proposed
> and couldn't reach any consensus on. I think you need to actually convince
> people that making these changes is a good idea before you start making them
> on your own.

I didn't make the changes at all. I just thought the suggestion of an
actual way to make the alias more visible would be welcomed by all.
Anyway we are still discussing, but I think we have agreement on the FAQ
so I did that.  If not, I will certainly revert.