Re: CSStorm occurred again by postgreSQL8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: CSStorm occurred again by postgreSQL8.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> --- and because the entries are surely added in increasing XID order,
> such an array could be binary-searched.

If they're only added if they write to disk then isn't it possible to add them
out of order? Start a child transaction, start a child of that one and write
to disk, then exit the grandchild and write to disk in the first child? I'm
just going on your description, I'm not familiar with this part of the code at
all.