Re: bit string functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: bit string functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> writes:
>>> I would say just set up a project on pgfoundry.
>
>> I agree, though I think in the long term we do need a more complete set of
>> operators and functions in core.
>
> Considering that BIT and BIT VARYING have been removed entirely from
> SQL:2003, it seems unlikely to me that we should expend our limited
> resources in that particular direction.

Hm, just thinking aloud here but, in our type system I wonder how hard it
would be to write a special data type to use for _boolean. Offhand anyarray
and anyelement might do funny things but if it supplies *all* the array
operators and functions perhaps it would just work.