Re: machine-dependent hash_any vs the regression tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: machine-dependent hash_any vs the regression tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

>   SELECT dblink_get_connections();
>    dblink_get_connections
>   ------------------------
> !  {dtest1,dtest3,dtest2}
>   (1 row)
>
>   SELECT dblink_is_busy('dtest1');
>
> and right offhand I can't think of a simple way to force those array
> elements into a consistent order.

You could do something like:

postgres=# select (information_schema._pg_expandarray('{1,5,3}'::int[])).x order by x;x
---135
(3 rows)

That would be a whole lot less unappetising if the function wasn't an internal
function that someone might want to change without breaking random regression
tests. It seems likely the day that happens will be the day that we provide an
SQL standard UNNEST anyways though.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Get trained by Bruce Momjian - ask me about
EnterpriseDB'sPostgreSQL training!