Re: [HACKERS] Hint Bits and Write I/O - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Hint Bits and Write I/O
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:

> If only VACUUM is going to set "flexible" to off, maybe it's better to
> leave the APIs as they are and have a global that's set by VACUUM only
> (and reset in a PG_CATCH block).

Ugh. Perhaps it would be simpler to have a wrapper function HTSV() macro which
passes flexible=true to HTSV_internal(). Then vacuum can call HTSV_internal().

I'm not sure what the performance tradeoff is between having an extra argument
to HTSV and having HTSV check a global which messes with optimizations.

--
  Gregory Stark