Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,  "Peter Sheats" <psheats@pbpost.com> writes: > I’m about to
set up a large instance on Amazon EC2 to be our DB server.  > >
Before we switch to using it in production I would like to
simulate some load on it so that I know what it can handle and so
that I can make sure I have the > optimal settings in the config
file.  > > What is the best strategy out there for doing this?
Does anyone know of some resource that talks about doing this?
I'd recommand having a look at tsung which will be able to replay
a typical application scenario with as many concurrent users as
you want to:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2008-12/msg00032.php
  http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/
  http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/tsung.html

If you want to replay your logs at the current production speed
and
concurrency, see Playr.
  https://area51.myyearbook.com/trac.cgi/wiki/Playr

Regards,