Re: Query planner isn't using my indices - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Earl
Subject Re: Query planner isn't using my indices
Date
List pgsql-general
If you cast the 1 to type bigint then PostgreSQL will use the index,
otherwise it won't.  You can do one of four things:

1) An explicit cast (btw what's the SQL92 way of doing this):

        SELECT * FROM stakeholder WHERE id = 1::bigint;

2) Put the constant in "'" and let PostgreSQL work out what to do:

        SELECT * FROM stakeholder WHERE id = '1';

3) Turn off sequential scans (see the manual).

4) Live with sequential scans :).

Jason