pgcrypto-0.4.2 Compile problems under Suse Linux 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phil Geer
Subject pgcrypto-0.4.2 Compile problems under Suse Linux 7.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello All,
    I'm fairly new to compiling programs under Linux so please forgive me if there is an easy answer to this problem. When I try and compile pgcrypto-0.4.2 on my SuSE 7.2 box I get the following error message.

checking for PostgreSQL backend headers... not found!
configure: error: PostgreSQL header postgres.h not found aborting....

The file postgres.h is located on the machine under.

/usr/local/pgsql/include

the command line I used to run configure is.

./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql

Thanks for any help.
Phil