Re: pgcrypto-0.4.2 Compile problems under Suse Linux 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgcrypto-0.4.2 Compile problems under Suse Linux 7.2
Date
List pgsql-general
"Phil Geer" <philg@gearcc.com> writes:
>     I'm fairly new to compiling programs under Linux so please forgive me i=
> f there is an easy answer to this problem. When I try and compile pgcrypto-=
> 0.4.2 on my SuSE 7.2 box I get the following error message.=20

> checking for PostgreSQL backend headers... not found!

To install the backend headers you should do "make install-all-headers"
along with "make install" when you build/install Postgres.  The basic
install only installs headers for compiling client applications, not
those needed to compile server addons.  pgcrypto evidently falls in the
latter class...

            regards, tom lane