Re: LIMIT/SORT optimization - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: LIMIT/SORT optimization
Date
Re: LIMIT/SORT optimization
Re: LIMIT/SORT optimization
Re: LIMIT/SORT optimization
List pgsql-patches
"Gregory Stark" <stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:

>> Is there a newer version of this patch?
>
> As requested, I've cut an updated version of this patch against CVS HEAD:
>
>  http://community.enterprisedb.com/sort-limit-v5.patch.gz

Someone asked why I've been posting links rather than attachments. The only
reason was because when I posted patches in the past they were dropped by the
mailing list. I would say "refused" except I never received a bounce, the
messages just never appeared on list or in the archive.

I'll try attaching this patch again, which is relatively small compared to the
recursive query patches and packed varlena patches which disappeared into the
ether. Also, this one is gzipped whereas in the past I usually attached
patches uncompressed so people could read them without saving and
uncompressing them. Perhaps one of those differences is the source of the
problem?

Do people prefer receiving attachments or downloadable links?
Does the answer change if the patches are quite large?

--
  Gregory Stark

Attachment