Re: LIMIT/SORT optimization - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: LIMIT/SORT optimization
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Do people prefer receiving attachments or downloadable links?
> Does the answer change if the patches are quite large?

Links suck from an archival standpoint; but at the same time you need
to pay some attention to the size of your email.  I think the current
threshold for moderator approval is somewhere between 50K and 100K
(on patches; less on our other lists).  gzipping large patches is
encouraged --- if people's mail readers need help in viewing such
an attachment, that's not your problem.

            regards, tom lane