Re: BUG #15590: crosstab_hash unable to work with modified types (CreateTupleDescCopy returning dropped attributes?) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: BUG #15590: crosstab_hash unable to work with modified types (CreateTupleDescCopy returning dropped attributes?)
Date
In response to BUG #15590: crosstab_hash unable to work with modified types(CreateTupleDescCopy returning dropped attributes?)  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-bugs

 PG> Encapsulating crosstab_hash in a function (to define its return
 PG> type) does not work when the (user-defined) return type owns
 PG> 'dropped' attributes.

Yeah. The code to generate tuples doesn't make any attempt to handle
dropped columns in the result. This is nothing to do with
CreateTupleDescCopy.

I guess this has always been broken; there's no evidence that the code
ever made any attempt to handle it. I'll see about fixing it.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)