Re: Coding style - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Nic Ferrier
Subject Re: Coding style
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
"Lars Stenberg" <lars.stenberg@psycat.net> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I wonder if the project-owner want me to watch the entire jdbc source tree
> and convert into a commonly used coding style. In A file i found at least
> three different styles:
>
> 1) public java.sql.Time getTime(int parameterIndex) throws SQLException
> {
>
> 2) public java.sql.Timestamp getTimestamp(int parameterIndex)
> throws SQLException {
>
> 3) public void setUseServerPrepare(boolean flag) throws SQLException {
>
> Might be better if we all use a common codestyle like the third one? Anyhow,
> if you want me to fix the code so it is consistent just tell me.

I'm not one of the project owners... but I do hack on postgresql and I
would rather you didn't do that.

The reason is that doing a text mangle will cause revision tracking
lossage, it's conveiniant sometimes to be able to scan backwards and
forwards across the revision tree.

I believe that postgresql jdbc code IS consistently indented, I for
one don't really care what brace style is used.

Nic