Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in _hash_kill_items/MarkBufferDirtyHint - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Seltenreich
Subject Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in _hash_kill_items/MarkBufferDirtyHint
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ashutosh Sharma writes:
>> TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(LWLockHeldByMe(((LWLock*) (&(bufHdr)->content_lock))))", File: "bufmgr.c", Line: 3397)
> Thanks for reporting this problem. Could you please let me know on for
> how long did you run sqlsmith to get this crash.

I got about one TRAP per hour when testing on 20 nodes with one postgres
and 5 sqlsmithes on each.  Nodes are tiny consumer machines with
low-power 4-core sandy bridges.

> [2. reacquire_lock_hashkillitems_if_required.patch]

I'll test with your patch applied as soon as time permits and report
back.

regards,
Andreas