Re: [GENERAL] Selecting some schema not suported for libpq PQconnectdbParams - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry Sievers
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Selecting some schema not suported for libpq PQconnectdbParams
Date
List pgsql-general
marcelo <marcelo.nicolet@gmail.com> writes:

> The system I'm building needs to connect some QNX 4.x machines to the
> Postgres' server (by the way, a Linux machine).
>
> Of course, it will be done through a porting of the libpq library.
>
> I was reading the possible parameters for the function mentioned in
> the subject and none refers to the schema.
> Also, the pg_service.conf file (to which may refer the "service"
> parameter) don't add to the parameters enumerated in the section 31.1.
>
> So... is there another way to tell the server which schema will be the
> default schema for some database?
>
> Of course, I'm asking this because the schema to use will not be the
> "current user" nor "public".

.pg_service.conf...
[foo]
host=1.2.3.4
port=1234
dbname=groovydb
options=-c search_path=your_schema_of_choice,some_more_of_them_maybe

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting