Re: plpgsql-trigger.html: Format TG_ variables as table (patch) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
Subject Re: plpgsql-trigger.html: Format TG_ variables as table (patch)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:

> Re: To Daniel Gustafsson
>> "string containing" is again pretty boilerplatish, how about just
>> "contains"?
>
> Actually, just omitting the whole prefix works best.
>
> TG_WHEN (text)
>
>     BEFORE, AFTER, or INSTEAD OF, depending on the trigger's definition.

The attached patch does not reflect this, did you attach an old version?

> I also shortened some "name of table" to just "table". Since the data
> type is "name", it's clear what "table" means.

I think it reads better with the definite article and initial capital,
e.g. "The table that triggered ….".

>     <variablelist>
>      <varlistentry>

The type names should still be wrapped in <type>, like they were before.

- ilmari