Re: Transaction Logs Recycling Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Transaction Logs Recycling Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
"Colin Mangiagalli" <colin@camara.co.za> writes:
> Sometimes I get an FATAL 2 ERROR because postgresql appears to
> be trying to write to a log file, that returns a permission denied
> error.
> I am starting to think that the problem my not be with the database,
> but with cygwin and windows 2000

We've seen reports before of permission-denied errors on log file writes
--- which makes no sense at all, because the ownerships and permissions
of those files don't change.  At least Postgres doesn't change them.
Perhaps the problem is that some other process is running around
altering permissions?  Next time you see it, look to see what exactly
*is* the ownership and permission of the file being complained of.

I know this has been reported before on Cygwin.  I can't recall that it's
been reported on any other platform.  It may be a Windows-specific
problem.

            regards, tom lane