Re: Transaction Logs Recycling Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Colin Mangiagalli
Subject Re: Transaction Logs Recycling Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes, sometimes the logs recycle just fine, but other times not.

Sometimes I get an FATAL 2 ERROR because postgresql appears to
be trying to write to a log file, that returns a permission denied
error.

So something isn't working properly.

I ran a little test yesterday though. I wrote a bit of code that
spawned 4 threads that all insert and update into the same table
at the same time. I did 5 million inserts and updates on the
same table and it worked just fine. I watched the postmaster.log
file and it recycled a log file about every 5-10 minutes.

I am starting to think that the problem my not be with the database,
but with cygwin and windows 2000

Dima Tkach <dmitry@openratings.com> wrote ..