Re: updated hstore patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: updated hstore patch
Date
Re: updated hstore patch
List pgsql-hackers
> "David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:>> ... I think that this patch is ready for committer review and,
perhaps, >> committing. The code looks clean (though mainly over my head) and the  >> functionality is top-notch.

Tom> Given the number of questions in your review, I don't think this isTom> actually ready to commit.  I'm marking it
"waitingon author" instead.

I will resubmit (hopefully in a day or two) with the following changes:
- removal of the \set schema variable stuff from the .sql script- documentation fixes as mentioned in my previous
email-additional documentation for some of the newer features- more internal code documentation covering the handling
ofold formats

I'd appreciate public feedback on:
- whether conversions to/from a {key,val,key,val,...} array are needed  (and if there's strong opinions in favour of
makingthem casts; in the  absence of strong support for that, I'll stick to functions)

- what to do when installing the new version's .sql into an existing db;  the send/recv support and some of the index
supportdoesn't get installed  if the hstore type and opclasses already exist. In the case of an upgrade  (or a
dump/restorefrom an earlier version) it would be nice to make all  the functionality available; but there's no CREATE
ORREPLACE for types  or operator classes.

If there are any more potential showstoppers I'd appreciate hearing about
them now rather than later.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)