Re: Arduino SQL Connector - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Rysdam
Subject Re: Arduino SQL Connector
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 10:44:36AM -0400, David Rysdam wrote:
>> Maybe I'm being naive, but isn't libpq already being compiled for ARM by
>> Debian? As long as it fits, you should be good. If it doesn't, you'll
>> need to strip some stuff out.
>
> Oh, can you run Debian ARM code on Arduino?  If so, Postgres's libpq
> could be used directly, though it is probably too big, as you mentioned.
> The MySQL driver is C++, which surprised me.

Well, I don't know about just picking it up and moving it over. But back
in the day I wrote a C library which I cross-compiled for ARM on my
Intel Linux box and used with my Arduino. At least, I think that's what
I did. This was 6 years ago.

The fact that it (presumably) compiles on Debian under ARM should mean
it would Just Cross-Compile for Arduino. Whether it would fit is another
question.

Attachment