Re: Arduino SQL Connector - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Arduino SQL Connector
Date
Re: Arduino SQL Connector  (David Rysdam <drysdam@ll.mit.edu>)
Re: Arduino SQL Connector  (Jan Wieck <jan@wi3ck.info>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 10:44:36AM -0400, David Rysdam wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 09:39:55AM -0400, Steve Spence wrote:
> >> So, who wants to work on this with me? I'm a fair arduino programmer,
> >> but know nothing about postgres.
> >
> > I would look at the MySQL one as a first step to see how that was done.
> > You are basically going to need to duplicate libpq, which is a major
> > undertaking.
>
> Maybe I'm being naive, but isn't libpq already being compiled for ARM by
> Debian? As long as it fits, you should be good. If it doesn't, you'll
> need to strip some stuff out.

Oh, can you run Debian ARM code on Arduino?  If so, Postgres's libpq
could be used directly, though it is probably too big, as you mentioned.
The MySQL driver is C++, which surprised me.

  + Everyone has their own god. +