Re: BUG #12819: CREATE TYPE fails within CREATE SCHEMA - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: BUG #12819: CREATE TYPE fails within CREATE SCHEMA
Date
List pgsql-bugs

 Tom>     Currently, only CREATE TABLE, CREATE VIEW, CREATE INDEX, CREATE
 Tom>     SEQUENCE, CREATE TRIGGER and GRANT are accepted as clauses within
 Tom>     CREATE SCHEMA.

 Tom> That's basically driven by what was required in SQL92.  It's
 Tom> unlikely that we're going to worry about extending that set much,
 Tom> because the lack of separating semicolons means that we risk
 Tom> syntax ambiguities anytime we add more options.

CREATE and GRANT are both fully reserved already; what potential
ambiguities are introduced by adding more CREATE statement variants to
that list? (all the spec's clauses for the body of CREATE SCHEMA begin
with either CREATE or GRANT)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)