Re: CREATE TABLE/AS does not allow WITH OIDS? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: CREATE TABLE/AS does not allow WITH OIDS?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@fourpalms.org> writes:
> ... and the same for SELECT/INTO Also, the hasoids (or equivalent)
> attribute is not picked up from the source table which would be
> another way to push this property into the target table.

How would we make use of 'hasoids' in the case of multiple source
tables, or a source table defined by an SRF?

Unless we can define some consistent semantics for when we use the
hasoids of the source table(s), I'd say we should just add the
WITH/WITHOUT OIDS syntax.

Cheers,

Neil