Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64
Date
List pgsql-performance
Paul Ganainm <paulsnewsgroups@hotmail.com> writes:

> jd@commandprompt.com says...
>

>> XFS.. hands down.
>

> Off topic question here, but I'm a bit at a loss to understand exactly
> what sgi are doing.
>

> I thought that they were removing IRIX and going with Linux as the OS to
> their high end graphical workstations, yet I see they still have IRIX on
> their site.
>

> What, exactly, is the story with this?

Well, they do have a very large installed base of Irix systems, and
a certain obligation to keep supporting them...  As long as there are
people whi still want MIPS/Irix they will probably keep selling at
least a few models.

-Doug