Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64
Date
List pgsql-performance

> Mark Kirkwood wrote a little unclearly:
>

>> And yes, I would recommend xfs - noticeably faster than ext3, and no
>> sign of any mysterious hangs under load.

I was thinking about the reported mini-hangs that folks are seeing with
jfs, except the all important keyword "jfs" didnt make it out of my head
and into the 2nd bit of the message  :-( Sorry for the confusion.

So I meant "faster that ext3, and without strange mini hangs like jfs...".

Joshua wrote:

> The hangs you are having are due to several issues... one of them is
> the way ext3 syncs.

Never suffered this personally, it was an unexpected filesystem
corruption with ext3 that "encouraged" me to try out xfs instead.

best wishes

Mark