Re: pgsql: Avoid improbable PANIC during heap_update. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Avoid improbable PANIC during heap_update.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> I think that the heap_delete() issue is probably in all PG versions.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of ...

> I am not aware of any reason why we should need the heap_update()
> fixes to be backpatched any further.

How so?  AFAICS these are exactly the same oversight, ie failure
to deal with the all-visible bit getting set partway through the
operation.  You've explained how that can happen.

            regards, tom lane