Re: guc patch: Make variables fall back to default values - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: guc patch: Make variables fall back to default values
Date
Re: guc patch: Make variables fall back to default values  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> It's a release-note item ... assuming that it doesn't get reverted in
> the near future.  Could we have some attention to the all-red buildfarm?

It's not just a bug. There's code missing.

The code seems to assume that all custom variables are strings. There are
about half a dozen Assert(variable->vartype == PGC_STRING) throughout the
patch. That's not true, plperl's use_strict is a boolean and we have
DefineCustome*Variable functions for each type of variable. Perl bombs because
plperl.use_strict is a boolean.

--
  Gregory Stark