Re: msvc const warnings - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: msvc const warnings
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Magnus Hagander" <magnus@hagander.net> writes:

> Stefan mentioned that the warning may be one that shows up in a different
> compiler somewhere as well, thouh, which might indicate that we should fix
> the underlying issue? (Even if the code is correct, if it confuses multiple
> compilers...)

I think the right fix is just to remove the const qualifier. It's clearly not
treating the pointer as const if it's passing it to pfree which is surely a
state change if anything is.

We do far too much casting to (void*) as it is and I would dearly love to go
through the whole source tree and remove all the redundant casts. All they do
is cover up real type clash bugs.

--
  Gregory Stark