Re: [HACKERS] vacuum problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
Subject Re: [HACKERS] vacuum problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> vacuum still doesn't work for me.
>
> I did a regresion test and found the sanity_check test failed. The
> result shows that the backend died while doing vacuum. I destroyed and
> re-created the regression database. Vacuum for a fresh database seems
> working.

Did a "cvs update" today, dumped my existing databases with pg_dump,
built and installed the new system.  On a newly created database, with
no tables defined, vacuum works (or, at least, claims to).  For a
production database with lots of tables, indices and sequences, the
following happens:

nhh=> vacuum;
ERROR: fmgr_info: function 28261: cache lookup failed

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"