Re: [INTERFACES] Pgaccess & Postgresql 6.3 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Aleksey Demakov
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Pgaccess & Postgresql 6.3
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com> writes:

> BTW, additionally I had to load libpq explicitely before libpgtcl ...

I had a similar problem with libpq and libpgtcl under FreeBSD, but I
solved it differently.

I noticed that Makefile in the interfaces/libpgtcl directory in the
case of FreeBSD doesn't link libpgtcl against libpq. Hence I wrote this
patch. If your libpq is installed not in the /usr/local/libpq/lib, change
the patch accordingly.

*** Makefile.old    Mon Mar 23 10:58:16 1998
--- Makefile    Fri Mar 20 14:03:49 1998
***************
*** 79,85 ****
      $(RANLIB) libpgtcl.a

  $(shlib): $(OBJS)
!     $(LD) $(LDFLAGS_SL) -o $@ $(OBJS)
      ln -sf $@ libpgtcl.so

  .PHONY: beforeinstall-headers install-headers
      $(RANLIB) libpgtcl.a

  $(shlib): $(OBJS)
!     $(LD) $(LDFLAGS_SL) -o $@ $(OBJS) -L /usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq

--