Re: Newbie to Postgres - Urgent query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Subject Re: Newbie to Postgres - Urgent query
Date
List pgsql-general

Dustin>     Perhaps it's just style, but I can't think of any case where
Dustin> I'd want normal execution to continue upon DB error without explicit
Dustin> code to handle the situation.  Likewise, I certainly wouldn't want to
Dustin> bother writing extra code every time I require something to succeed.

My DBI standard method is to call RaiseError => 1, PrintError => 0.
It just seems to make for easier to read code.