Re: Newbie to Postgres - Urgent query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dustin Sallings
Subject Re: Newbie to Postgres - Urgent query
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jan 16, 2004, at 1:18, Ritu Khetan wrote:

> $dbh = DBI->connect(DBI:Pg:dbname=dbname, $user_name, $password, {
> RaiseError => 0, PrintError => 0, AutoCommit => 0});

    I've managed to avoid perl for a very long time now, but doesn't
RaiseError => 0 turn off the feature that causes DBI to actively tell
you when you've done something wrong rather than you having to ask
every time you do something if you did it correctly and it was
successful (which you're also not doing)?

    Perhaps it's just style, but I can't think of any case where I'd want
normal execution to continue upon DB error without explicit code to
handle the situation.  Likewise, I certainly wouldn't want to bother
writing extra code every time I require something to succeed.

--
Dustin Sallings