Re: Testsuite failing on s390x - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Testsuite failing on s390x
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:
> Nope, dunno what's going on. I suspect the prepare test might be failing
> because of some mismatch between integer types. It's binding a parameter
> as SQL_C_SLONG, which means it's passed as a C variable with "signed
> long int" type. Maybe that behaves funnily on s390x.

Remember that s390 is big-endian, so integer width mismatches are more
likely to be exposed than they are on Intel hardware.  For instance,
passing a long by-reference to an integer parameter will work fine on
x86_64 and not so fine on s390x.

            regards, tom lane