Re: Testsuite failing on s390x - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Testsuite failing on s390x
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 12.06.2013 13:47, Christoph Berg wrote:
> thanks for the new regression test suite in psqlodbc - I've activated
> it for the Debian package.
>
> It runs fine on all architectures except s390x (our 64bit s390 port)
> where 3 tests fail:
>
> test sampletables             ... ok
> test connect                  ... ok
> test stmthandles              ... ok
> test select                   ... ok
> test getresult                ... ok
> test prepare                  ... FAILED
> test params                   ... ok
> test notice                   ... ok
> test arraybinding             ... FAILED
> test insertreturning          ... ok
> test dataatexecution          ... FAILED
> test boolsaschar              ... ok
> test cvtnulldate              ... ok
> test alter                    ... ok

> I can provide backtraces and look into the core, but maybe someone
> already knows what the problem is before I dig deeper into it.

Nope, dunno what's going on. I suspect the prepare test might be failing
because of some mismatch between integer types. It's binding a parameter
as SQL_C_SLONG, which means it's passed as a C variable with "signed
long int" type. Maybe that behaves funnily on s390x.

Backtraces would be helpful. Or if you can give me access to a box
running debian on s390x, I can log in and take a look myself.

- Heikki