Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Give a better error for duplicate entries inVACUUM/ANALYZE colu - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Give a better error for duplicate entries inVACUUM/ANALYZE colu
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 9/21/17 18:13, Tom Lane wrote:
> Give a better error for duplicate entries in VACUUM/ANALYZE column list.
>
> Previously, the code didn't think about this case and would just try to
> analyze such a column twice.

In the error message, we should write "specified more than once" instead
of "specified twice", because that could otherwise look a bit silly:

VACUUM ANALYZE vaccluster(i,i,i);
ERROR:  column "i" of relation "vaccluster" is specified twice

(Also, the "is" doesn't seem to fit there.)