Re: Possible explanation for Win32 stats regression test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Possible explanation for Win32 stats regression test
Date
List pgsql-hackers
korry <korry@appx.com> writes:
> The problem is that, each time you go through
> pgwin32_waitforsinglesocket(), you tie the *same* kernel object
> (waitevent is static) to each socket.

> The fix is pretty simple - just call WSAEventSelect( s, waitevent, 0 )
> after WaitForMultipleObjectsEx() returns.  That disassociates the socket
> from the Event (it will get re-associated the next time
> pgwin32_waitforsingleselect() is called.

Hmm.  Presumably we don't do this a whole lot (use multiple sockets) or
we'd have noticed before.  Perhaps better would be to keep an additional
static variable saying which socket the event is currently associated
to, and only issue the extra WSAEventSelect calls if we need to change
it.  Or is WSAEventSelect fast enough that it doesn't matter?

Anyway, someone with a Windows machine needs to code and test this ...