Re: Wrong rows selected with view - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Wrong rows selected with view
Date
List pgsql-general
Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> writes:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 10:53:21AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Bizarre.  What are the datatypes of the columns being joined on?  If
>> they're string types, what's your database locale and encoding?

> The primary keys are all SERIAL, and the FKs are integer.  Nothing too
> odd.

Well, that eliminates the theory I had, which was that string comparison
was messing up because of incompatible locale/encoding choices.

I think you may have found a PG bug.  Can you duplicate the misbehavior
if you dump the data and reload it into a fresh database?  (Note you'll
probably need to re-ANALYZE to get back to the same query plans.)  If
so, would you be willing to send me the dump off-list?  If the data is
not too sensitive, this'd probably be easier than trying to find a
smaller test case.

            regards, tom lane