Re: Scrollable cursors and Sort performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Scrollable cursors and Sort performance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 11:44 -0600, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>> But speaking of documentation, it doesn't actually say what the default
>> is. Care update that, or should I formally submit a patch?
>>
>> [1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-declare.html

Actually, if you submit a patch that says either "SCROLL is the default"
or "NO SCROLL is the default", it will be rejected as incorrect.  The
reason is that the default behavior is different from either of these,
as is explained in the NOTES section.