Re: Cannot find hstore operator - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Cannot find hstore operator
Date
List pgsql-general
Paul van der Linden <paul.doskabouter@gmail.com> writes:
> during maintenance I saw a lot of lines in my postgreslog saying:
> CONTEXT:  SQL function "line_function" during inlining
>         automatic analyze of table "osm.planet_osm_line"
> ERROR:  operator does not exist: public.hstore -> unknown at character 45

It sounds like line_function is careless about its search path
assumptions.  auto-analyze will run index expressions with the
search_path set to empty (i.e., only pg_catalog is accessible)
and hstore isn't normally installed in pg_catalog.

The easy fix would be to attach "SET search_path = public"
to that function, but I believe that destroys the ability to
inline it, which might be a performance problem for you.
Alternatively you could schema-qualify the operator name,
that is "foo OPERATOR(public.->) bar".

            regards, tom lane