citext in windows. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Uckun
Subject citext in windows.
Date
List pgsql-general
I just downloaded postgres 8.3 for windows and noticed that citext is
not an option for columns.

The web site has the source code but no binaries for windows.

I downloaded the enterprisedb and noticed that it has the citext.dll
in the lib directory so I copied the dll over to the postgres lib
directory and tried to run the sql to install the type buy no joy.
Postgres complains it can't load the DLL. I triple checked it and it's
in the proper place.

What do I have to do in order to get citext to work on windows?

BTW I just asked on the IRC channel and people suggested I use tolower
or similar tactics. This is just not possible for me. In this case I
really need a case insensitive text field.

Thanks.