Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and SIGHUP - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and SIGHUP
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/04/17 14:40, Tom Lane wrote:
> Petr Jelinek <petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> Looks good to me. Just as a note, we'll have to handle this newly
>> supported config rereads in the async commit patch where we override
>> synchronous_commit GUC, but the config reread will change it back.
>
> Umm ... you're doing what?

We are doing:
+       SetConfigOption("synchronous_commit",
+                                       MySubscription->synccommit ?
"local" : "off",
+                                       PGC_BACKEND, PGC_S_OVERRIDE);

> There are mechanisms for making local changes to a GUC.  Just stomping
> on the variable is not an approved way to do it.

I don't remember from top of my head if above is safe enough against
config reread or not, hence the note.

Services