Re: Newbie-question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Victor Spång Arthursson
Subject Re: Newbie-question
Date
List pgsql-general
2003-10-28 kl. 14.33 skrev Jeff:

> 1. in psql, \pset pager will turn paging off.
> Although, if you really want a row count, a much better way to do that
> is select count(*) from [rest of select statement]

Thanks.

I'm not new to SQL, just to postgresql, so I know about the
Count-function ;)

Reason for the question is that I want to know the number of
corresponding rows cause I'm in a developing phase and due to needs to
validate the result the number of rows are important.

> in psql, use \timing and it will print how long each query you type in
> took.

Perfekt!

Next question:

what is the command in postresql that matches the DESCRIBE-command in
mysql? That's, to get the fieldnames and additional info about them…

Best regards,

Victor