Re: pg_dump on local Windows, pg_restore on Linux? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump on local Windows, pg_restore on Linux?
Date
List pgsql-general
"Phoenix Kiula" <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks. Is there an encoding that is so flexible that it will silently
> accept whatever I send to it without throwing an exception?

SQL_ASCII does that.  Whether it's a good idea to use it is
questionable.  One thing to think about is that you will be unable to
provide translation to and from different client encodings --- the
database will always just regurgitate the bytes it was given, since it
doesn't really know what encoding they are in.

            regards, tom lane