Re: Air-traffic benchmark - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Lefteris
Subject Re: Air-traffic benchmark
Date
Re: Air-traffic benchmark  (Jochen Erwied <jochen@pgsql-performance.erwied.eu>)
List pgsql-performance
Hi Arjen,

so I understand from all of you that you don't consider the use of 25k
for sorting to be the cause of the slowdown? Probably I am missing
something on the specific sort algorithm used by PG. My RAM does fill
up, mainly by file buffers from linux, but postgres process remains to
0.1% consumption of main memory. There is no way to force sort to use
say blocks of 128MB ? wouldn't that make a difference?

lefteris

p.s. i already started the analyze verbose again as Flavio suggested
and reset the parrameters, although I think some of Flavioo's
suggestions have to do with multiple users/queries and not 1 long
running query, like shared_buffers, or not?