Re: BUG #12469: pg_locks shows locks held by pids not found i n pg_stat_activity or ps - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: BUG #12469: pg_locks shows locks held by pids not found i n pg_stat_activity or ps
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Karl O. Pinc <kop@meme.com> wrote:
> Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:

>> The short explanation is that SIReadLocks on a serializable
>> transaction may need to be kept until overlapping transactions
>> terminate.
>
> The transactions/locks are in separate databases.  I would think
> that in most cases that a
> transaction in one database cannot have any effect on a
> transaction in another database.
>
> It would be nice if pg were clever enough to isolate transactions
> within databases.

Good point.  That would complicate the logic a bit, but it might be
worth it.  I'll make a note to look at that as a potential
enhancement.  Thanks!

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com