Re: BUG #12469: pg_locks shows locks held by pids not found i n pg_stat_activity or ps - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Karl O. Pinc
Subject Re: BUG #12469: pg_locks shows locks held by pids not found i n pg_stat_activity or ps
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, 9 Jan 2015 18:38:36 +0000 (UTC)
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:

> Karl O. Pinc <kop@meme.com> wrote:

> > It would be nice if pg were clever enough to isolate transactions
> > within databases.
>
> Good point.  That would complicate the logic a bit, but it might be
> worth it.  I'll make a note to look at that as a potential
> enhancement.  Thanks!

Rather than figure it out dynamically at transaction commit/lock
release time you could have those operations that alter things
common to all dbs (the postgres db?) add a flag to the transaction
itself.  Then the actual commit/lock release is fast.  And it's
not (I suppose) all that often that things change that are
"cross-database data" so them down very slightly shouldn't
be an issue.

Just a thought.  (I'd know whether it makes sense if I'd
looked at the code.  ;-)

Thanks for the attention.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein