Re: citext function overloads for text parameters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: citext function overloads for text parameters
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Shay Rojansky <roji@roji.org> writes:
> Do you think it would be appropriate to simply add an strpos(citext, text)
> overload to the extension to make sure this behaves more as expected? If so
> I can try to submit a patch at some point.

To me, if there's both a citext and a text parameter, then it's simply
unclear which behavior is wanted; I do not think there's a principled
argument that it should be case-insensitive.  Thus, adding a function
to reverse the current interpretation would amount to breaking some
currently-working apps to favor others that currently don't work.
Doesn't really sound like a net gain.