Re: Support for older servers - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Erwin Brandstetter
Subject Re: Support for older servers
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Nov 16, 2:41 pm, guilla...@lelarge.info (Guillaume Lelarge) wrote:
> Which means we will have to support two branches, REL-1_8_0_PATCHES and
> trunk, till 7.4 is officially declared unsupported. If this is the case,
> I'm ok with this.

pgAdmin 1.8 will be there for older versions of pg, and it's not like
pg 7.4 is subject to change any more. And people should really
consider upgrading to pg 8.2 or 8.3 by now.
I have tried to cover pg 8.1, 8.2 and to some extent 7.4 in my tests
for 1.8. With the various versions and platforms possible combinations
get out of hand.

So, I'd say, good idea, drop pg 7.4 for trunk.
(I could even imagine to scrap 8.0 as well. That one's not among the
more popular releases anyway)

Regards
Erwin