Re: PANIC in heap_delete during ALTER TABLE - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: PANIC in heap_delete during ALTER TABLE
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 2022-09-08 at 10:30 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> I wasn't able to repro on 13, but Robins' report indicates that it's
> possible.

I looked again, and I still can't find a way to repro on 13,
specifically the sha1 you mentioned (7cdd0c2d7c).

heap_delete() lets go of its exclusive lock (but not pin) in a couple
places (just like on master). But it looks like all the places that set
PD_ALL_VISIBLE are doing so under a cleanup lock (unlike master), which
means that it can't change for the duration of heap_delete().

I'm hesitant to commit anything here if I can't repro the problem on
13. I must be missing something.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis